Baltimore City and Baltimore County
North Anne Arundel County
The Salvation Army of Central Maryland operates four family service centers to help meet the immediate and short-term needs of thousands of individuals throughout Central Maryland. Located in Baltimore City, and Carroll, Howard, and northern Anne Arundel counties, these family service centers provide the following services:
- Utilities and Eviction Assistance: Monetary assistance is provided to qualified applicants for utility-turn-off prevention and eviction assistance.
- Clothing Assistance: Walk-in and scheduled clients request and receive clean and suitable clothing items to meet their basic needs, such as warm clothes for winter months, infant and children’s clothing items, and diapers for infants and toddlers.
- Food Pantry and Food Baskets: An onsite food pantry is stocked with nonperishable food and toiletry items. Walk ins and scheduled clients are eligible to receive items upon verification of identification and proof of housing with cooking facilities. Each applicants is provided a three-day supply of groceries appropriate for their household size. Applicants are eligible for this service every two months.
- Seasonal Assistance: Seasonal assistance is provided to low-income children and families throughout the year. This may take the form of backpacks and school supplies or gifts of clothing and toys for low-income children, or food cards or baskets to families and senior citizens.
- Basic Referral Services: If direct assistance is unavailable, knowledgeable Salvation Army staff are provided with referral lists of other possible community resources for health, welfare, employment, housing, and other services.
- Basic Advocacy Services: Case workers serve as advocates for individuals to ensure that each person is made aware of and receives the services to which s/he is entitled. The degree to which a client needs intervention and support is determined on a case-by-case basis.