What Is the Angel Tree Program?
Angel Tree is a unique program that provides gifts of new clothing and toys to thousands of children, ages 0-12, who otherwise might not have anything for Christmas. Children who are recipients of the program are from families who have applied for Christmas assistance through The Salvation Army’s social services program. The clothing sizes and special needs of the children are collected and transferred to paper angels along with the child’s name, age, and sex to get adopted.
How the Angel Tree Works
- Adopt an angel at a participating mall location.
- Take one or more Angels from the tree. Keep a list of the codes for the Angels so information can be obtained again if Angels are misplaced.
- Purchase age- and gender-appropriate toys, clothing, and/or special needs items as listed on the coded section of the Angels.
- Return your unwrapped gifts with the coded section of the Angel attached to the item to the designated location. All items must be returned by the indicated deadline (December 14th for most mall locations; earlier for corporate sponsors) to ensure delivery to Angels by The Salvation Army in time for Christmas.
- Feel free to keep the Angel portion of the card and place it on your Christmas Tree as an ornament.
Get Your Company Involved!
For participating companies and groups, the sponsorship program is a wonderful opportunity for employees to give back to their community through a fun and heartwarming tradition.
If your organization would like to be an Angel Tree location for The Salvation Army of Central Maryland, please contact Connie Wise.
A special thanks to our Angel Tree Media Sponsor: